Finding the Ideal applicant can be compared to a treasure hunt in the competitive recruitment marketplace of today. While interviews and resumes provide a picture of a candidate, pre-employment exams can act as the X-ray that shows the real potential hiding beneath the surface.
Choosing the correct platform, however, can feel like figuring out a confusing map because there are so many that claim to be the "best." Your compass in the world of pre-employment testing platforms, this blog will lead you through the important factors and leading candidates.
Before we go through the Top Alternatives for Mettl let us understand the features and the problems of it. It is a well-known online assessment tool that is well-known for offering a wide range of assessments for behavioral, cognitive, technical, coding, personality, and communication skills. Mettl currently has a 4.4 out of 5 star rating on G2 based on over 499 reviews.
Mettl, like any other platform, has its strengths and weaknesses. While it offers a diverse set of features and helps with talent assessment, some potential issues have been reported by users. Here's some common concerns :
- Platform glitches and crashes: Some users have reported experiencing glitches, crashes, and freezing during tests, among other technical concerns, while using the platform. Both candidates and administrators may find this to be annoying.
- Integration challenges: Mettl integration with current ATS and HR systems can be challenging and need technical know-how.
- Limited customization options:Although Mettl provides a certain amount of customization, some users may find it inadequate, particularly for specialized positions or sectors.
- Pricing: Mettl's pricing system may be costly and complicated for smaller businesses or groups with tighter resources.
Top 15 Mettl Alternatives
WeCP is a skill assessment and interview platform made specifically to assist businesses in identifying and recruiting top talent using creative approaches. You may create tests using WeCP that replicate real-world problems that your company faces on a daily basis, which will help you predict how well candidates will do in the workplace.
Consider applicants' long-term success instead of their immediate skills. Learn more about a candidate's technical proficiency, adaptability, and problem-solving methodology.
Here are some of the key:
- Live Coding and Video Interviewing: In addition to standard tests, WeCP offers live coding sessions and video interviews so that hiring managers can observe how applicants handle pressure and work together in real time.
- Unique and Customizable Assessments: WeCP creates custom assessments that are tailored to your company's unique needs and job specifications, going beyond generic examinations. They provide original coding challenges, technical workouts, and scenario-based simulations using AI to evaluate communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Skill Validation: WeCP focuses on evaluating practical abilities that are pertinent to your company, so you can select people who can perform on the job rather than just pass theoretical exams.
- Candidate-Centric Experience: WeCP puts a high priority on providing applicants with a seamless and interesting experience with user-friendly interfaces, clear instructions, and adaptable test schedule options.
- Data-Driven Insights: WeCP offers thorough reports and analyses of applicant performance, assisting you in determining potential biases in the hiring process and making well-informed hiring decisions.
As of January 2024, WeCP has a 4.8 out of 5 star rating on G2, based on 14 reviews. This falls within the "High Satisfaction" and "Top Performer" categories on G2's scale. Here's a breakdown of the user ratings.
WeCP's pricing structure is flexible and based on your specific needs, including the number of candidates you need to assess, desired features, and add-ons. Here's a breakdown of the main components:
- Starter: Starts at $100/month, perfect for small teams and solo entrepreneurs, ideal for screening and interviewing up to 25 candidates per month.
- Growth: Starts at $300/month, suitable for growing teams, allows screening and interviewing up to 100 candidates per month.
- Enterprise: Custom pricing for larger teams and complex hiring needs, offers unlimited candidate evaluations and access to all features.
- Additional Candidates: At $8 a seat every month, you can purchase extra candidate seats.
- Advanced Features: Pre-employment screenings, automated onboarding modules, and AI-powered coding evaluation tools are among the features that come with extra expenses.
- Custom Assessments: Creating custom tests that are matched to your unique work specifications comes with extra costs.
Read More: How WeCP helped Infosys Evaluate 100k+ Super Coders
HireVue is an interviewing software that employs artificial intelligence to analyze recorded responses and assign ratings based on employer-selected attributes. HireVue also detects cheating by monitoring a candidate's eye and mouse movements, as well as analyzing their voice.
Here’s a list of the top features that HireVue has to offer:
- On-demand interviews: Candidates can record their responses to pre-recorded questions at their leisure, increasing flexibility and avoiding schedule difficulties.
- Live interviews: HireVue also provides live video interviews with recruiters or hiring managers, allowing for real-time interaction and evaluation.
- AI-powered analytics: HireVue employs facial recognition, voice analysis, and sentiment detection to evaluate candidates based on criteria other than their responses, such as body language, confidence, and communication abilities.
- Compliance features: HireVue contains methods for ensuring fairness and compliance with anti-discrimination laws, such as blind assessments and bias detection algorithms.
As of January 2024, HireVue has a 4.1 out of 5 star rating on G2, based on 231 reviews. This falls within the "Above Average" rating category on G2's scale.
HireVue's pricing is complex and tiered, depending on numerous aspects such as your company's size, the number of candidates you need to evaluate, and the features you need. They don't openly reveal their precise price plans, however here's a broad overview:
- Essentials: This package starts about $35,000 per month and is ideal for businesses with 2500-7500 people. It has basic features such as on-demand interviewing, personalized branding, and single-language setting.
- Enterprise: This package is intended for larger businesses with more than 7500 employees and includes a broader set of services such as scheduling, chatbot, pre-built ATS connections, analytics, and more. The pricing is custom, and you must contact HireVue for an estimate.
Vervoe is a recruitment management tool that enables firms to manage hiring, assessment, and screening processes. It combines video interviews, skill tests, and other technologies to assist firms make hiring decisions based on how well candidates can do their jobs.
Here are some of the key features of Vervoe:
- AI-powered skills assessments: Vervoe's AI-powered skills evaluations are intended to be accurate and fair, and they can assist employers in identifying individuals who possess the necessary abilities to succeed in the profession.
- Flexible assessment types: Vervoe offers a variety of evaluation styles to fulfill the needs of different vocations and sectors.
- Easy-to-use platform: Vervoe's platform is simple to use for both employers and candidates, and it can be integrated with most Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- Detailed reporting: Vervoe offers extensive information on candidate performance, which can assist businesses in making more educated recruiting decisions.
As of January 2024, Vervoe has a 4.6 out of 5 star rating on G2, based on 64 reviews. This falls within the "Excellent" rating category on G2's scale.
Vervoe's pricing is tiered and customizable, based on specific requirements like Number of assessments per year, Number of team seats, Additional features etc.Here's a quick overview of their main plans:
- $79 per month
- 2 active assessments
- 3 team seats
- 100 candidates per assessment
- Zapier integration
- Unlimited scripts from library
- Post to job boards
- $399 per month
- 4+ active assessments
- All features in Starter
- 6+ team seats
- Integrations, automation & more
Enterprise: Custom pricing based on volume and specific needs.
Talview is a hiring and proctoring service that leverages artificial intelligence to assist companies, educators, and certification providers with large-scale recruitment and evaluation. It's a secure, AI-powered platform that assists recruiters and educational institutions in developing talent evaluation tests.
Here are the key features of Talview:-
- On-demand video interviewing: Perform asynchronous video interviews with prerecorded questions or live conversations to increase flexibility and reduce scheduling difficulties
- AI-powered assessments: Use a variety of exams, such as coding challenges, personality tests, and job simulations, to evaluate talents, aptitudes, and cultural fit.
- Automated scoring and insights: Leverage AI to objectively score assessments and provide data-driven insights into candidate strengths and weaknesses.
- Integrations: For improved process management, interface with most Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and other HR software.
Talview has a 4.5 out of 5 star rating on G2, based on 53 reviews as of January 2024. This falls within the "Excellent" rating category on G2's scale.
Here's a quick overview of their main plans:
- Starter: Begins at $500 per month and offers limited exams and simple video interviews.
- Growth: Starts at $1,000 per month and offers additional features like AI-powered scoring, automated proctoring, and more advanced assessments.
- Enterprise: Tailored pricing according on volume and requirements. Extensive customization and specialized account management are possible with this package.
Xobin is a software platform for conducting pre-employment tests and job skill evaluations. It provides standardized evaluations based on talents, positions, and psychometrics to assist firms in hiring more quickly.Users may optimize the recruitment process using its online assessment tool, which includes pre-hire skills screening, video interviews, and cultural fit evaluation.
Xobin's primary strengths include the following:
- Remote testing and skill assessment: Xobin offers a variety of exam formats, including coding challenges, psychometric assessments, and case studies, to assess candidate skills and abilities.
- Online proctoring: Xobin provides comprehensive remote proctoring solutions to maintain test integrity and prevent cheating during online exams.
- Recruiting efficiency: The platform speeds up the recruitment process by automating preliminary screening and providing data-driven insights for better candidate selection.
As of January 2024, Xobin boasts a 4.1 out of 5 star rating on G2, based on 12 reviews. This falls within the "Above Average" rating category on G2's scale.
- Starter: Costs $129 per month and allows for 50 candidates every month. Basic features such as pre-built evaluations, video interviews, and data reports are included in this plan.
- Growth: Starts at $529 per month and supports 100 candidates per month. This package includes extra features such as personalized assessments, automated scoring, and advanced analytics.
- Enterprise: Pricing tailored to your volume and specific requirements. This subscription provides specialized account management, priority support, and access to all Xobin features.
6. Employment Technologies
Employment Technologies is a corporation that creates job simulations and pre-employment testing. They use virtual interviews, job previews, and retention indices.
Here are the key offerings by Employment Technologies:
- EASy Simulations®: The company's flagship product line, which provides interactive and realistic job simulations for a variety of vocations and industries. These simulations evaluate a candidate's talents, decision-making abilities, and job suitability in a realistic setting.
- Onboarding and Development: ETC offers simulation-based training modules to help new hires and existing employees strengthen their abilities.
- Pre-employment Assessments: In addition to simulations, they offer integrity exams, personality assessments, and cognitive ability testing.
- specialized HR Solutions: ETC can modify their products to meet unique job requirements and organizational demands, such as creating specialized simulations.
- HR consultancy: They offer consultancy services to help businesses optimize their recruitment and personnel development processes by utilizing their expertise in simulation-based methodologies.
ETC offers different pricing models:
- Per-simulation: This is a pay-as-you-go model in which you pay for each simulation that you run.
- A subscription model allows you to access a set number of simulations and features for a monthly or annual price.
- Enterprise price: Tailored pricing for high-volume consumers or businesses with complicated requirements.
7. HighMatch ( Berkee )
HighMatch is a pre-employment screening technology that helps businesses make recruiting decisions. It assesses a candidate's personality qualities and problem-solving abilities, comparing them to company-specific benchmarks.
Here are some of the key-features:-
- Personalization: Customized examinations conducted by workplace psychologists analyze both personality traits and problem-solving abilities relevant to your positions and company.
- Data-driven insights: Go beyond resumes and provide valuable, actionable information into the candidate's job fit and prospects for success.
- Positive candidate experience: The user-friendly platform prioritizes a positive interviewing experience for both employers and candidates.
- Seamless integration: Easily link with your existing Applicant Tracking System (ATS) for a more efficient recruiting process.
- Several assessment options: Choose from a library of pre-built assessments or create your own to meet your specific needs.
As of January 2024, HighMatch (formerly Berke) boasts a 4.8 out of 5 star rating on G2, based on 56 reviews. This falls within the "Excellent" rating category on G2's scale.
HighMatch's (previously Berke) price is tiered and tailored to your individual needs. Here's an overview of their major pricing structure:
- Small Business: Starting at $100 per month, this plan includes one recruiting profile and minimal features.
- Essential: Starts at $125 per month and includes onboarding training and success manager support.
- Professional: Pricing begins at $150 per month and includes additional features such as personalized assessments and increased team seat limitations.
- Enterprise: Pricing tailored to high-volume consumers or companies with complicated requirements. This package provides personalized account management and priority support.
TestGorilla is a cloud-based talent evaluation platform that firms use to better their hiring processes. It primarily assesses candidates using psychometric and skills tests and produces detailed reports to assist employers in making educated recruiting decisions.
Here's a breakdown of its key features:
- Extensive Test Library: Choose from over 250 pre-built tests spanning a wide range of cognitive skills, personality traits, and job-specific competencies.
- Customizable Assessments: Create your own personalized assessments with a range of question kinds, such as essays, video recordings, and coding tasks.
- Automated Screening: Use automated scoring and eligibility criteria to simplify the candidate selection process.
- Detailed reports: Receive detailed data on each prospect's strengths, limitations, and cultural fit as compared to your ideal candidate profile.
- Integrations: For a seamless workflow, combine with your existing Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
The G2 rating for TestGorilla, as of today, January 2024, is a very impressive 4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 1,020 reviews. This falls within the "Excellent" category on G2's scale, showcasing a high level of user satisfaction with the platform.
TestGorilla price is tiered and adjustable, depending on your individual requirements. Here's a rundown of the important points:
- Free: Provides restricted access to 5 pre-built tests and 5 unique questions, ideal for personal usage or introductory exploration.
- Starter: $75 per month, includes 50 candidates each month, basic features, and data reports.
- Pro: Starts at $115 per month and includes features such as automated scoring, eligibility requirements, and extensive candidate comparison.
- Enterprise: Pricing tailored to high-volume consumers or companies with complicated requirements. This package features personalized account management and numerous customization possibilities.
Read More: Top 15 TestGorilla Alternatives
Equalture is a woman-owned startup that combines data and gamification to help businesses employ without bias. Equalture provides game-based exams to evaluate a candidate's behavior and cognitive abilities. These assessments are used to determine the most desirable traits of a company's current staff and to evaluate candidates at the start of the hiring process.
- Game-based Assessments: Rather than standard tests, Equalture employs entertaining games to evaluate candidates' cognitive abilities, personality traits, and behavioral inclinations relevant to work needs.
- Objective Data: Their evaluations are based on objective data acquired during games, which reduces the impact of bias and self-presentation.
- Tailored Interview Guides: Based on assessment results, Equalture offers interviewers tailored questions and guidance to explore deeper into promising prospects.
- Improved Candidate Experience: When compared to traditional examinations, the game-based approach delivers a more enjoyable and engaging experience for candidates.
- Equalture's evaluations are developed and validated using scientific studies in neuroscience and cognitive psychology.
Equalture has a 4.7 out of 5 star rating on G2 as of today, January 2024, based on 31 reviews. On G2, this comes under the "Excellent" rating group.
Equalture's price is flexible and customizable to your specific demands, as is the case with other top pre-employment screening platforms. Here's a breakdown of the things that affect their pricing:
- Free Account: Provides limited access to sample evaluations and basic features, ideal for personal use or introductory exploration.
- Starter: $75 per month, includes 10 evaluations, basic reports, and data visualizations.
- Pro: Starts at $115 per month and includes bespoke branding, automated scoring, and comprehensive data analytics.
- Enterprise: Pricing tailored to high-volume consumers or companies with complicated requirements. This package provides personalized account management as well as priority assistance.
Pulsifi is a Talent Prediction Tool that helps firms make confident people decisions using AI and predictive analytics.It aims to Predict candidate performance and fit, Improve employee retention and Enhance talent development.
Its key features are :-
- Psychometric and cognitive tests: Pulsifi provides a range of tests to gauge cognitive capacities, job-specific competencies, and personality traits.
- Video interviews: To learn more about a candidate's presentation and communication abilities, record and examine video interviews.
- Compared success profiles: To gauge a candidate's chances of success, compare them to current, productive workers in comparable positions.
- Reports based on data: Obtain thorough reports on every applicant, including their strengths and weaknesses, fit score, and expected performance.
- Adaptable solutions: Customize Pulsifi to meet your unique requirements and those of your job.
Pulsifi is rated as "Excellent" on G2, with a 4.2 out of 5 star rating based on 15 reviews. Let's examine the breakdown in more detail even though the rating is positive overall.
Pulsifi provides many price structures:-
- Per-assessment: Pay for each assessment used, which is ideal for infrequent or low-volume hiring.
- Tiered plans: Choose from established plans that include predetermined features and restrictions for evaluations and users, starting around $1,000 per month.
- Enterprise pricing: Pricing tailored to high-volume customers or businesses with complicated requirements, including dedicated account management and significant customization possibilities.
Tazio is a cloud-based platform allowing major organizations to screen, assess, and interview individuals for entry-level and early career positions. Tazio uses aptitude testing, video interviews, situational judgment assessments, and realistic job previews.
Its key features are :
- Large assessment library: Create your own personalized evaluations or select from more than 600 pre-built options.
- Real-time feedback on assessments and automatic scoring: These features help save time and increase productivity.
- AI-analyzed video interviews: Utilize AI-powered insights to conduct and evaluate video interviews in order to evaluate personality traits and communication abilities.
- Both in-person and online evaluation centers: Using group exercises and online simulations, evaluate candidates in real time.
- Smooth integrations: For a seamless workflow, integrate Tazio with your current applicant tracking system (ATS) and other HR systems.
Tazio offers three main pricing options:
- Per Candidate: This option is best suited for firms who are just beginning to modernize their graduate recruiting and early career programs, as it begins at £3 per candidate. It gives users access to reporting tools, video interviews, and basic assessments.
- Per Campaign: This option, which has a starting price of £2,500 per campaign, is ideal for firms who want to set up a comprehensive hiring procedure for graduate and early career positions. Customized exams, evaluations, video interviews, accurate job previews, and thorough reports are all provided.
- Per firm: This option is intended for organizations who want to maximize every aspect of their talent acquisition, development, and retention strategy. It begins at £30,000 per firm. It offers completely customized, integrated evaluations together with specialized support and complete access to all of Tazio's capabilities.
12. Hire Success
Hire Success® Employment Testing System is a pre-employment assessment software that is designed to assist small and medium-sized enterprises in improving their hiring process.
The key features of Hire Success are : -
- Extensive Assessment Library: Select from over 200 pre-designed assessments covering personality traits, cognitive abilities, job-specific skills, and integrity.
- Customizable exams: Create your own unique exams with a variety of question kinds to accurately measure specific abilities or job requirements.
- Automated Score and Reporting: Receive fast results and full reports for each candidate, outlining their strengths, shortcomings, and cultural fit.
- Branded Candidates' Experience: Personalize the evaluation experience with your company's logo and branding to make a good first impression.
- Integration with ATS: Integrate seamlessly with your existing Applicant Tracking System (ATS) for a smooth workflow.
- Comprehensive analytics: Track recruiting patterns, evaluate team performance, and find areas for improvement.
While not on G2, Hire Success® has positive reviews on other platforms like Capterra (4.9 out of 5 stars) and Software Advice (4.7 out of 5 stars). These reviews can still provide valuable insights into user experiences with the platform.
Hire Success® provides multiple pricing plans to accommodate varying business sizes and assessment needs. The following is a breakdown of their price structure:
- Small Business: Pricing begins around $100 per month for 50 assessments, two users, and basic features such as pre-built tests, automated scoring, and candidate reports.
- Growth: Prices begin around $200 per month for 200 assessments, 5 users, and more services such as custom questions, candidate surveys, and interview guides.
- Professional: Pricing begins around $500 per month for 500 assessments, 10 users, and additional capabilities such as custom reports, data dashboards, and API connection.
13. Wonderlic (Formerly WonScore)
The Wonderlic Contemporary Cognitive capacity Test (previously the Wonderlic Personnel Test) is a widely utilized examination of potential employees' cognitive capacity and problem-solving aptitude in a variety of occupations.
The key offerings of Wonderlic are :-
- Predicts job performance: Can help identify candidates with the intellectual capacity to succeed in specific roles.
- Reduces hiring bias: Focuses on objective data rather than subjective factors like resumes or interviews.
- Improves candidate selection: Provides valuable insights alongside other assessment methods.
- Streamlines recruitment process: Eliminates unsuitable candidates quickly and efficiently.
As of January 2024, Wonderlic has a G2 rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 124 reviews. This falls within the "Excellent" rating category on G2's scale.
Wonderlic provides variable pricing alternatives to accommodate to diverse demands and budgets, with two primary pricing models:
- This option is best suited for occasional users or corporations doing modest assessments.
- Prices for assessments begin at $25, with bulk savings available for larger volumes.
- This level grants access to the core Wonderlic test and minimal reporting capabilities.
- This version is ideal for firms who undertake regular assessments or require additional functionality.
- Plans begin at $50 a month and include a variety of assessment credits, user accounts, and other features.
Testinvite is a comprehensive assessment platform that allows organizations to create high-quality tests that confirm knowledge and measure many elements of individuals and can be administered online, secured with a lockdown browser and real-time monitoring and proctoring.
The key features of Testinvite are :-
- Extensive question bank: Select from a selection of pre-built question categories or design your own personalized exams.
- Securing the exam environment: Browsers are locked down, candidate activity is monitored, and cheating is prevented using modern security methods.
- Automated scoring and reporting: Receive fast results as well as thorough reports that provide insights into individual and group performance.
- Customizable workflows: Create your own assessment routines with a variety of options and features.
- Flexible Integrations: Integrate with existing learning management and applicant tracking systems to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Scalability and dependability: The platform can manage high-volume assessments with multiple users.
As of January 17, 2024, Testinvite boasts a very impressive G2 rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 14 reviews, placing it comfortably within the "Excellent" category on the platform. This rating indicates a high level of user satisfaction with the platform and its offerings.
Testinvite provides a customizable price approach to meet a variety of needs and budgets. Here's an overview of their primary pricing options:
Essential: Starts at $350 a month and provides 1,000 testing credits, as well as basic features such as different question kinds, automated scoring, and reporting.
Advanced: Starting at $159 a month, this plan includes 12,000 testing credits as well as advanced features such as custom assessments, video recording, and in-depth reporting.
Enterprise: Pricing tailored to high-volume customers or companies with complicated requirements, including dedicated account management, bulk discounts, and comprehensive customization options.
iMocha is an American software firm that provides skill validation tools. It is an AI-powered Skills Intelligence Cloud that assists enterprises in talent management, acquisition, and development.
The key features of iMocha are :-
- Use a comprehensive collection of over 2,500 skills to design unique or pre-built examinations that encompass technical, soft, and cognitive abilities.
- evaluations can take many forms, including online coding exercises, simulations, case studies, video interviews, and gamified evaluations.
- Get objective, data-driven insights regarding candidate competencies and culture fit.
- Streamline the hiring process with tools such as resume screening, interview scheduling, and offer management.
- Integrate with existing applicant tracking systems (ATS) to ensure a smooth workflow.
- Reduce hiring prejudice and improve decision-making with data-driven candidate selection.
- Equip and empower your employees with learning administration tools, systems for managing performance, and professional growth frameworks.
- Identify skill gaps and create personalized learning courses to successfully bridge them.
- Encourage continual development and increase employee involvement.
iMocha has a very positive rating on G2, earning a 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 238 reviews as of October 26, 2023. This places it firmly within the "Excellent" category on the platform.
iMocha's pricing varies depending on your individual requirements and features. Here's an overview of their primary price structures:-
- Professional Plan: $50 per user each month, includes 500 assessments and basic features such as skill-based assessments, interview scheduling, and candidate reports.
- Professional Campus-Hiring Plan: Starts at $5,000 per year, tailored for universities and colleges, featuring bulk assessments, customizable branding, and dedicated account management.
- AI-EnglishPro: Starting at $5,000 per year, this program focuses on enhancing English communication skills with AI-powered learning tools and is appropriate for worldwide recruitment.
Integrating WeCP into your hiring process enhances role-specific talent identification and skills assessment. It allows for custom evaluations, aligning with job requirements and reflecting real-world challenges.
Assess your current team with WeCP to identify skill gaps, standardize recruitment for fairness, and improve candidate experiences. Analyze assessment results for informed hiring and align insights with future training, ensuring your team's competitiveness.
Get started with WeCP for free or schedule a demo with us for more information